Chihuahua Carriers and Bags
Carriers are one of the most practical items in a Chihuahua’s owner’s home for multiple reasons! Chihuahuas are very attached to their owners and tend to get separation anxiety. Additionally, some Chis get tired of walking, and you’ll need a carrier to help your pup out! There are many reasons why you may need to pick up a Chihuahua at any time - and a carrier is a way to go!
- Page 1 of 2
Chihuahua Carriers and Bags | Carriers for Chihuahuas and small dogs
Considering how sensitive Chihuahuas are, a carrier should be a must-have in any owner's collection. Carriers for Chihuahuas are an essential item. Whether you are a fan of them or not, you will need one at some point or another. If you do not leave your house often with your Chi in tow, you will still have to take them to the vet, or if you are taking a trip somewhere, the carrier or a bag for your Chihuahua will mean the world of a difference. It will provide your fur-baby with the necessary comfort they need while being transported and will make sure they are secure and cannot escape.
Why should every Chihuahua owner have a carrier?
Carriers for your Chihuahua are definitely a necessity if you own one of these munchkins. It will make your life a lot easier and will most certainly pay off in the long run. They are not advertised, as you can carry your Chi in your hands. Still, a carrier allows you to transport your bundle safely and is very useful. So why is a Chihuahua Carrier a great option to have? Here are a few reasons:
Walking ability - While being the smallest toy breed globally, the tiny Chihuahua simply cannot keep up with its humans regarding both pace and span. While daily activity is vital and twice-per-day walks are suggested, those particular times are done at a good pace for the Chihuahua, which is much different than if you are on the go and have your dog with you.
Regarding bringing your Chihuahua with you when you have a good amount of walking to do, it's unrealistic to wish a Chihuahua to keep up with its human. Although this active, high-energy dog may attempt to keep up, overexertion and excessive stress on the body are harmful to their physical well-being.
Putting your Chihuahua in a carrier bag permits you to go at your own pace. At the same time, they can either enjoy looking around or nestle down to take a nap or chew on a treat.
The danger of walking in a crowded place - If you bring your Chi to an area with a lot of foot traffic and a lot of people, leaving them walking might not be the best option. For bustling city streets, highly trafficked outdoor fairs, shopping malls, or any of the other busy places you can find yourself in, it's incredibly easy for a tiny dog to be trampled. Plus, having a bad experience in a crowded area can cause a Chi to pick up trauma and not be social as it would typically be.
Hands-free care - Trying to hold your Chi while you are busy with other things can be dangerous and lead to an injury. Chis' are feisty little creatures and can easily wiggle out of your grasp and fall. A carrier can prevent this, you can put them down, and they can chill on the floor in the comforts of the carrier while you are done.
Traveling - One of the most important things to keep in mind is that carriers or bags for your Chi are not a replacement for vehicle seats. If you decide to travel by car, make sure you are equipped for that type of trip and secure your puppy. That being said, flying or traveling by train is another and utterly opposite situation. Each company has strict policies regarding crate sizing. So before you embark on your travels, make sure the crate measurements are correct.
Keeping them always safe - Whether you are taking your Chi to a vet or, let's say, a store, it can put them in danger. These dogs are very feisty and territorial, especially if they are young and not socialized. They can cause incidents with other pets when you take them to the vet and snap at them or bark at people. If a person is scared of dogs, it will be afraid, even if it is as tiny as a Chi, and can try to kick the dog or punch it. A carrier or a bag for your Chi will allow you to avoid all of this unnecessary ruckus and protect your fur-baby in the best way possible.
How to pick a suitable Chihuahua Carrier?
You would be surprised at the vast options you can choose from regarding carriers. There are so many different kinds, and you might get overwhelmed, which is why we are here to help you in the best way possible - by guiding you with some tips and tricks so that you know what to look for when choosing a carrier for your Chi and yourself.
- Types of carriers - It is always important to find the best carrier option based on your needs. If you are constantly moving and have to have your hands free, then a backpack-style carrier would be perfect for you. However, if you travel by car and don't need your hands as often, you can open for any of the bag-type carriers we have. Just be also mindful of the weather conditions you live in.
- Size - This is one of the most important factors you must consider. Size can determine the comfort of your Chi. It should be too big, as this will allow your Chi to use it as a bathroom, but it shouldn't be tiny. Your sassy friend is supposed to be able to stand, sit or lie down and sleep. If you are unsure what is the correct size, you can consult the charts we have under every product.
- Airflow - This feature is often overlooked by those searching for a Chihuahua carrier. Your Chi needs fresh air constantly in order not to get sick. This is why you need to choose one with pockets for air or a mesh around it for constant airflow. An open-top carrier would also work wonderfully.
- Bathroom accidents - Bound to happen at some point or another, your Chi will slip and relieve themselves in the carrier. Like everyone, when you gotta go, you gotta go. If this happens or has happened in the past, you must admit that it is a huge mess unless a carrier is waterproof and easy to clean. So, you might want to consider choosing a carrier that is easily washable and maintainable, especially if you have a puppy.
- Comfort - One of the most important aspects, at least in the top 3 of your list of priorities, should be the comfort of your Chi. You will be the one carrying, but your Chi will be the one stuck in the bag. Many carriers are lined with soft wool and are made with your Chis' utmost comfort in mind. However, some are not and are strictly made for transportation. You can make these more livable by adding soft blankets on the bottom or even a pillow.
Best Selling Chihuahua Carriers.
If you love to keep your Chi as close to you as possible, then this Chihuahua Safe Travel Carrier will be the perfect option for you and your Chi. It will allow you to keep an eye on your puppy at all times and them be safe around your front. It is also perfect for additional bonding because it mimics the way mothers carry their babies.
The adorable Flyffy Chihuahua Carrier is not only the perfect fashion piece for any owner but also the most comfortable space for your Chi to chill in. It is warm and fluffy and will allow your Chi to absolutely relax and have some great naps while inside. It also has pockets where you can place treats and water if you are going for a longer errand run.
If you live in places where there are lower temperatures but not freezing, then this Chihuahua Warm Carrier will be the perfect option for you. It has thermal isolation, which will provide your Chi with the warmth needed. It is easily washable, and the pattern is absolutely adorable. It will go well with any clothing combo you have planned out.
Ready for some overdue vacation with your Chi in hand? We have you covered with this Chihuahua Carrier (Airplane Approved). It will make your life a hundred times easier when during your flight. This carrier is lightweight and spacious enough for your Chi to relax in while you fly.
Chihuahua Carrier And Bed Combo speak volumes about how much the carriers have advanced over the years. This stylish yet incredibly comfortable carrier is perfect for extended times spent inside. It will keep your Chi calm and content while allowing them to peak at their surroundings from time to time.
The classic style, but definitely one of the most popular ones, would be the High Quality Chihuahua Carrier. It is very sturdy made from high-quality materials. It will allow your Chi absolute airflow. The mesh on the sides also contributes to your puppy's ability to look around. It will make your life a lot easier and whether you need your hands free or not, would be your choice. Since this can be carried as a tote or over the shoulder.